Ageing Better Local Action Plans: Draft Project Plan update
Four Local Action Plans (LAP) are being developed as part of the Ageing Better in Birmingham programme for our identified priority areas (Sparkbrook; Tyburn; Older Carers; and the Older LGBT community.) The function of these LAPs is to:
- Build on local consultation.
- Address the underlying causes of social isolation for the community in question.
- Tackle the specific causes of isolation that consultation and research have identified for each community.
- Be different to existing activity.
- Test what works best in reducing social isolation for each community.
- Increase community resilience with regard to social isolation.
- Have a strategic and an operational impact on social isolation.
- Result in outcomes (rather than specific activities) that are sustainable and long-lasting beyond the Ageing Better programme.
These Local Action Plans are now available as draft versions and are being published as part of a continuing process of consultation and refinement. They have been developed by building on initial Ageing Better research, consultation with local residents, organisations and stakeholders in the areas (or thematic groups) the plans refer to, and in small planning groups.
You can access the draft versions of each plan below:
If you would like to feedback or comment on these, please email