As part of the Ageing Better in Birmingham programme Four Local Action Plans (LAP) are at verious stages of development for our identified priority areas (Sparkbrook; Tyburn; Older Carers; and the Older LGBT community.) The function of these LAPs is to:
- Build on local consultation.
- Address the underlying causes of social isolation for the community in question.
- Tackle the specific causes of isolation that consultation and research have identified for each community.
- Be different to existing activity.
- Test what works best in reducing social isolation for each community.
- Increase community resilience with regard to social isolation.
- Have a strategic and an operational impact on social isolation.
- Result in outcomes (rather than specific activities) that are sustainable and long-lasting beyond the Ageing Better programme.
Draft Local Action Plans for each priority area have been published as part of a process of ongoing consultation. Following this period of consultation, the final versions of the following Local Action Plans have been produced: